Do you know what are the Documents Required to Open Sukanya Samriddhi Account? One can open SSA by visiting the nearest post office or bank branch. You can check out the sample post office account opening form shared already.
In the form you have to fill out the mandatory sections with your and your girl child’s details. As soon as your provide the necessary documents with the filled up form, you will get a passbook immediately.
The operation of SSA is similar to our regular savings bank account. In this article I will share what are the major documents you should carry while opening SSA account and also answer all your related queries like
- documents required for Sukanya Samriddhi Account in SBI
- documents required for Sukanya Samriddhi Account in post office
- documents required for Sukanya Samriddhi Account opening
- documents required for Sukanya Samriddhi scheme
- documents required for sukanya samriddhi yojana
- sukanya samriddhi account documents needed
List of Sukanya Samriddhi Account Documents Required
This account has two parties involved, girl child and her parents or legal guardian. So documents have to be provided to prove the relationship and the girl child’s age. As the maximum limit of opening Sukanya Samriddhi Account is 10 years only.
- Birth Certificate of the Girl Child: In many cases birth certificate may not have the name of the girl child issued by hospital. In that case it is better to change the certificate first with the name and then apply for this account.
- Identity Proof or PAN Card & Aadhaar Card of the Parent/Legal Guardian: If you don’t have Aadhaar card then provide voter id, passport to proof your identity.
- Residence Proof or Aadhaar Card of the Parent/Legal Guardian: For resident proof voter id, electricity bill, aadhaar card, passport etc can be provided. If you have a post office savings account with that branch, then you may provide that account passbook copy also as resident proof. But ask about this before submitting.
- 3 Photographs of each of the Depositor/Parent/Legal Guardian & the girl Child
Though Sukanya Samriddhi Account New Saving Scheme is launched an year back, but most of the post office staffs are not well trained about this scheme. So there are many open questions about this scheme.
It is always advised to ask the bank & post office officials about the details regarding the Sukanya Samriddhi Account documents required and take their help to open this account. Also checkout the list of banks authorized to open account under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.