Do you want to know how to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in post office? Recently while reading an article on Jagoinvestor.com and TFLguide.com, I found one person shared his real-time experience of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account opening in post office of Pataudi.
There are many authorised banks where you can open an account under SSA scheme. Country’s largest banks like SBI, PNB, IDBI, Axis Bank etc. have already started operating under SSY account.
How to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in Post Office
Although I have also personally visited to Madhapur post office to know more about this scheme, but they gave me an old form to open Sukanya account. You can checkout the new Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening Form in Post office & Bank by RBI.
Anyway Mr. Dinesh Rohilla has explained how to open Sukanya scheme in post office in an easier way. Check out the entire experience below.
How to Open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in Post Office – Experience Shared
Experience of Opening SSA
Quite surprised by the update knowledge of post office staff in a small town like Pataudi regarding this scheme while the commercial banks in the area didn’t have any instructions regarding SSA neither there customer care helpline.
Anyway following is the procedure adapted by me :-
1) Downloaded form from internet along with gazette notification
2) Filled the form and deposit it along with i)Date of Birth Certificate of my daughter, ii) my identity card copy ,iii) Latest electricity bill for residence proof
Note:- I had pasted photo on form on which it is written that photo is optional but at post office they told me to give them two more photos. So be prepared.
3) Please check whether they had correctly written in pass book the name and differentiate who is account holder (girl child) and who is depositor (parent/guardian).
In my case they had written just depositor name ( girl child which is not correct way) and after bringing it to their notice they promptly corrected and said they write this way on all pass books but will be happy to know the correct method.
4) Please deposit original birth certificate .Postal staff told me that there is no need to deposit original certificate and photocopy will be sufficient. Being a Birth and Death registrar earlier I know that wherever required Birth/Death certificate should be original.You can take as many as certificates as you wish from authorities by paying fee .
5) On the day of opening account you cannot do other transaction as per staff but can open account with any amount.
Overall experience was very pleasant and efficient working of staff really make me happy .
Thanks India post.
Govt. is planning massive campaigns and various special drives to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in banks & post office in rural areas of India. We are sharing such information regularly in this website. Keep visiting this place for more information regarding this noble scheme launched by Govt of India.
So if you are interested to open this account, visit your nearest post office immediately. Thanks Mr. Dinesh Rohilla for sharing your experience and also the important steps to note while visiting post office.
If you are looking for the terms like Sukanya Yojana post office, post office Sukanya Samriddhi Account calculator, post office Sukanya Samriddhi account opening form online, SSA post office online payment, post office Sukanya Samriddhi account, you may find this useful.
Hope you are now clear about how to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in post office. Please share this article with your friends so that they can also be aware about the benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana and the account opening procedure.