Sukanya Samriddhi A/C

Small Savings Scheme, Govt Schemes, Online Banking Guide

Is it possible to change the name of girl child in Sukanya account?

Want to change the name of your girl child for the sukanya samriddhi account opened recently? Then it is not a tedious job though. One can easily change the name of SSA account by following the simple step by step guide shared below.

Why you might need to change the name of the girl child?

Generally in a hurry, the name has been types wrongly when the sukanya account has been opened for the first time.
In other way, many people wanted to change their names due to couple of common reasons after some time.

May be the name is not trendy as per the current time or long enough or changing the surname etc. Whatever is the reason, if you have updated your SSY account name wrongly then you can easily change the name of the sukanya account whenever they want actually.

Steps To Change the name of girl child in Sukanya account

First of all you have to visit to your nearest post office or the bank where you have opened SSY account for your girl child.

You have to fill up the necessary request form and file an affidavit towards that.

Carry the necessary documents like proof of address, birth certificate, any other identity proof etc so that you can provide if necessary. Make sure you are carrying Xerox copies of them as well and in case require then provide self-attested as well.

Hope this article is useful for you. And in case you have experienced in changing name of your girl child for the sukanya account, then kindly share your experience and help our readers as well.

Is it possible to change the name of girl child in Sukanya account?
Rate this post

Updated: August 27, 2016 — 12:00 pm


Add a Comment
  1. Girl brith certificate no add his name only
    His brith date but girl saa Ac they will open

  2. Sudheer Kumar Gupta

    My Self Sudheer Gupta from Bisauli (Uttarpradesh), and want to change the name of my daughter in Sukanya account, and for this i went to post office several time but no result, as all employees are from government and showing they are self governer.

    can anybody suggest me what should i do?

    1. That’s the bitter truth of our country. If that is not helpful then better to transfer your account to any bank. Or go to consumer forum, file a complaint.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sukanya Samriddhi Account © 2016 Frontier Theme