Are you looking for how to fill Sukanya Samriddhi Account application form? Then read on to know about the complete procedure.
The best way to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account is by visiting your nearest post office and apply for the same. Although as per RBI, banks should also provide similar facilities, but only few Banks are offering Sukanya Samriddhi Account as of now.
You can download Sukanya Samriddhi Account application form from RBI website or else visit any nearby post office and ask for the SSY Account opening form.
This is a common form with which one can open any account in post office. E.g. Savings Bank Account, MIS, Term deposit and now Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA). You can find the last option as SSA added in the new application forms. Be careful, when I visited my locality post office they offered me the old form without mentioning about SSA.
How to fill Sukanya Samriddhi Account Application Form
Checkout the Sukanya Samriddhi Account opening form Sample for banks & post office first. As the Sukanya Samriddhi Account opening form is common for other process also, it is not required to fill all the details.
Check out below the mandatory fields one has to fill to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in post office.
Don’t Miss List of banks to open Sukanya Samriddhi account
- Name of Post Office
- Date of opening of Account
- Type of Account : SB/RD/TD(1/2/3/5Year)/MIS/SSA
- Amount of Initial deposit
- Mode of Initial deposit: Cash or cheque or account transfer (post office account). Provide full details about the same.
- Depositor name
- Residential Address details
- Date of birth of applicant or minor
- Applicant’s relationship with minor
- Nomination details if you are interested
- Want to see the name of nominee in passbook
- Witness if opt for nominee
- Specimen signature
If introduction not possible then submit some identification document Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Passport etc. A copy of such document has to be handed over to Post Office staff for their record (KYC Documents).
Documents required to open Sukanya Samriddhi account in Post Office
- Complete address proof
- Birth certificate of the minor or the girls child
- photo id proof of both
- 2 copies of photo graph of the girls child
You can also download the common application form or use the post office account opening form. After taking the form, it is better to fill up the form sitting there. In case any doubt you can ask them to guide you. Hope you are now aware about how to fill Sukanya Samriddhi Account application form. To download Sukanya Samridhi form online, you can visit the Post Office official website.