This is a very common question among people as mostly people open their first Sukanya Samriddhi Account in post office itself.
Later on they might want to transfer sukanya samriddhi account from post office to hdfc bank, ICICI bank, SBI, PNB etc.
Just follow the step by step guide below.
- Visit the post office where you have opened the SSA account first.
- Ask the executive that you want to transfer your account to any of your preferred bank.
- Executive will ask you to surrender the account passbook and then close the account in post office and provide you the transfer certificate.
- Next, visit the nearest bank where you want to open SSA account for your girl child.
- Provide all the necessary certificate copies, transfer certificate, KYC documents.
- After proper verification, your new Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account will be activated and you will be provided with a new passbook.