Sukanya Samriddhi A/C

Small Savings Scheme, Govt Schemes, Online Banking Guide

Sukanya Samriddhi Account Forum

sukanya samriddhi account forumSukanya Samriddhi Account Forum page is created to gather questions & doubts from people and provide them relevant answers.

Sukanya Samriddhi Account new saving scheme has got huge popularity within 3 months of its launch, but due to less information or un-clear clauses many questions arises regarding account opening processes, maturity period, interest rate calculations, pre-mature withdrawal rules and many more.

We have developed this website to spread accurate and almost every update about Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme. You can check out our blog section for regular articles on this topic.

  • Do you want to know everything about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
  • Do you want to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account, but want to know more about long term benefits of this scheme?
  • Do you want to invest for the future of your child?
  • Are you looking for a good alternative of Sukanya Samriddhi Account?
  • How to plan for your child education cost with Sukanya Samriddhi Account?
  • What is Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign?

Ask all kind of questions in this forum page related to Sukanya Samriddhi Account new saving scheme and related other investment products to secure your girl child’s future. We will try to answer your queries with utmost care and help you to find a way out. 🙂

Note: Ask your query by writing a simple comment below. Provide your name and email id, leave the website address blank (if you don’t have a website) and on the comment box write down your questions. We will try to answer your query within 24 hours.


Add a Comment
  1. Hi Sir,

    Recently life insurance corporation of india (LIC) has launched couple of new plans like
    Jeevan sangam plan no.831
    New children’s money back plan 832
    Jeevan Lakshya plan no. 833

    Can I invest in any of these plans for the future of my children. I heard that New children’s money back plan is very good for kid’s education.

    Which one is the best plan for my children?

    1. Hi Sachin,

      Why do you need an insurance plan for your child? You can save the money to get better returns and buy a term insurance plan for your life. In case you die, your kids education and other expenses can be finance with that insurance amount. Go for a very large amount..
      You can also start investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Account as well as it has better returns and tax free return.

  2. Hi Santanu,

    Why there is no option for an NRI to open Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme? I want to invest in this scheme for my girl child and may in few years I will be back in India. Will there is be any provision in future for NRI people?

    Your response will be highly appretaited.

    1. Any Bank in India can open this Sukanya Samriddhi Account, I have opened through State Bank of India through my local SB account since i am a NRI. So NRI’s can open, only clause is that she should be Indian citizen….

      1. That’s really a useful information. You have answered many questions.
        Can you please explain in details?
        Thanks in advance.

        1. Hello Santanu

          Were you able to get more details if NRIs can able to open the account? Looking forward for your article with full details

  3. Why Sukanya Samriddhi Account is hyped like anything? What is the point of opening another PPF account like scheme? I think Govt. should increase the 80C income tax limit further 3 lakh so that one can take benefit of this scheme.

    What do you think santanu?

  4. Hi Santanu,

    80c section has crowded like anything with more products launched under this segment. Can you suggest some income tax tips for next financial year? How to plan to save maximum income tax?
    I am planning to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account also to save more tax. Is it advisable to do so?

  5. Dear Sir,
    My Company Developed new Android Apps For Sukanya Samriddhi Plan Calculator..
    It’ s Possible then please update This link to your Website.

    Download Link:

    1. Hi Team,

      This is an awesome information. I think people will love to get this app and it will be very useful.
      Can you share more information about this app? I think you can share a detailed article about this app to let our readers aware.
      Thanks for sharing this with us. 🙂

  6. SSA is perfect account for girl child.

    1. You are correct Mr. raut.

  7. I want to know about sukanya samriddhi account and also about the premature rules of this account when girl’s age 18 yrs old?

    1. Hi Tanmoy,
      You can visit other articles and get your answer. We have already shared every single information about Sukanya Samriddhi Account new saving scheme.
      Hope this will be helpful for you. Otherwise let us know if still any query. 🙂

  8. The Most awaited “Sukanya Samridhi Yojana” is launching State Bank of India (SBI) tomorow.. 16/05/20`5..

    1. Hi Sreekumar,

      That’s really a good news. Please share your experience if you/any of your friend has opened the Sukanya Samriddhi Account in SBI.

  9. Santosh Gujarathi

    Dear Sir,

    I have opened the Sukanya Samriddhi account in Post Office on 1st Apr-15, but now I came to know that banks are also opening the same account.Is it possible to transfer the (SSA) account from Post Office to Bank same as PPF account.

    1. Hi Santosh,

      It can be transferred from post office to bank. For the complete procedure you can visit your post office branch.

  10. Hi Sir, thank you so much for giving complete information about Sukanya Samriddhi Account. I used your blog post to explain to all my neighbours about latest govt schemes. So it’s request from all of those is please at least write one blog post related to complete information about Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY). This will be so much helpful for us. Thank you so much again.

    1. Thanks Nisha. 🙂

  11. Hi Mandipa,

    As I made call to Post Office regarding transfer of Sukanya Samriddhi account to Bank ,Post Office persons are saying that they don’t have any circular regarding this.If you have any details regarding this, please mail to me or reply me.
    Although its a problem created by government,While launching such scheme (SSA) it should properly provide the circulars to bank to open the account at the same time when post offices were opening.Why customer should suffer for this. Now today the banks are opening the SSA account.We must have transfer facility of SSA account from Post Office to Bank.

    1. Hi Santhosh,
      Thanks for sharing the update. Its not easy to implement such a huge scheme in a country like India.
      But I am sure that very soon this problems will be addressed and corrected.



    IF NO,


  13. Hi,
    Opened SSY for my baby and my wife as guardian. I have a important questions,
    1. Is it possible to claim 80C benefits by father but SSY is on mother’s name?
    2. Is it possible to change guardian from mother to father and vice versa.
    3. Is it possible to share mother 50% and father 50% 80c income proof?

    Your replay helps a larger audience.

  14. Sir,
    I had open an ssy account on 6th july 2015 through a post office can we check our account details every month?will it registered only in our pass book?Do we get a bond?

    1. I think simply visit and update your passbook.

  15. I am investing money for this scheme on name of my sister’s daughter .
    Can I avail the same for tax redumption

    1. Are you the legal guardian of that kid? Then its possible.

  16. Shweta Siddhesh Chaudhari

    Hi Santanu,

    Last week I opened SSA in BOI. To deposit amount into it should I need to visit bank every time? Is there online transfer facility available?

    My BOI account has net banking facility but I am unable to see this SSA account linked there. I asked in bank but they don’t know much more about it.

    Can you please help me with this?


    1. Hi Sweta, I am not sure about online balance transfer process. As the bank said its not possible, I think you have to wait for further notice from Govt.
      In future there will be process to deposit in Sukanya Samriddhi Account online itself.

  17. sreenivasulu chindanoor

    Is it possible to change the guardian name from mother to father? Is the guardian name is fixed though out life? If guardian name change is possible, what is the procedure?
    Mother quit job, Father would like to claim 80C tax exemption.

    Thanks in advance.

  18. Can Grand Parents open the account for kids as their guardians


    Post Office people are refusing to transfer SSA from Head Post Office Dharwad to SBI. To whom I have to complain?

  20. Hi,

    My daughter was born recently & she is an NRI but both Mom & Dad are indians. We will be living in india. Can i open an account on my daughters name ? I know she is an NRI but parents are both Citizens of india. It would be helpful if you clarify the question.

    Is there any other investment option like this for my child.

  21. We have filled SSA form online & submitted the same. We received TAN & TAR but here i need a small confirmation like is it possible for me to fill one more application with same details because i entered few things are incorrect.

    1. I think you should contact your post office or bank to correct your wrong information provided as soon as possible.

  22. Dear i want to know It is available in bihar.

    1. Visit your nearest post office or bank.


    Sir / Madam,

    As per Ministry of finance, Government of India SUKANYA SAMRIDDHI ACCOUNT can be transferred anywhere in India from Post office to bank. Kindly let me know if any account got transferred from post office to bank. Post office officials are refusing to transfer as this is the first case.

    CIF ID: 301812216
    Account ID: 3036230595
    Name of Depositor: MANASVI C BALAGI
    Account held at Head Post Office Dharwad

    Channeshwar Gurupadappa Balagi
    9343407486 / 8867452319

  24. Dear Sir,
    I have opened sukanya samridhi account for my daughter few months back.
    I have invested a considerable amount in it in first year.
    This month when i checked ,i found a mistake in daughter’s birth certificate.
    So please guide me how this can be corrected or it can be proceeded with the mistake in future without any problem at the time of maturity.
    If possible can i withdraw the amount from the scheme,if due to this mistake i will face any problem.
    Please guide me.

    Sandeep Sharma

    1. I think better to contact bank or post office and ask them to correct the information.

  25. Dear Santanu,

    I opened a SS account with Post office on Nov 14, 2015. It took almost a week for Post office to clear my check.

    Till date my pass book is not updated. So basically I have no proof of payment. I am a working parent and going to Post office to follow up every 3rd day is a challenge.

    Can I get any Assistance.

  26. Dear sir,
    Is it possible to alter the depositing amount after few months or years in ssa account? Means can i increase the amount after few months or years?

  27. I have opened a sukanya samrdhi a/c in my daughters name with me being the guardian. Can my wife deposit the amount in this a/c for her daughter and claim exemption u/s 80C even though she is not a signatory in the a/c?

  28. Hi sir..
    I have opened this account few month ago..but now the account no. Has been changed by the post office..but why i do not know..can u tell me what happened or can you give me any telephone no. Where i contact regarding this..

  29. HI santanu,

    1. I just opened Sunkanya smridhi yojna in PNB bank and i got a passbook for the same . but in passbook Plan name was not written anywhere so how i will ensure that this account was opened under this scheme only and not a normal girl saving account .?

    2. one more detail is required:- I have a hdfc netbanking facility and i want deposit money through netbanking only to this account so now it is possible or not(any plan in future for online net banking) . if yes so how i can do this . ?

    3. i got a customer id can i apply for nebanking also for this account ?

  30. Can I(Nana) open a SSA account on behalf of my daughter’ girl , since my Daughter and her husband are abroad on Transfer.

  31. I am the parent of the girl child, I desire to open SSY account for her. Would like to know whether my child’s grandfather can deposit the money from his account and avail the benefit under Section 80CC or the benefit can only be availed by me

  32. I am already investing in ppf full amount of ₹150000/- in PPF and I have deposited ₹150000/- in SSA (new).I understand I have committed a mistake as I cannot invest in tax saving scheme under 80 C more than 150000/- under this clause.What should I do now.

  33. I already deposit ₹150000/- in ppf every year (This f.y.15-16 deposited) and now I have opened SSA a/c in my daughter’s name in bank with a deposit of ₹150000/-.Now I feel I have done wrong . What is the remedy.

  34. Hello
    I am an Indian working in USA for last 4 years , my daughter was born here last year and so she is a US citizen by birth. She holds the Overseas Citizen of India card.
    Will she be eligible for this account ?

  35. Sir
    Whether Investment limit of Rs. 1.5 lacs is independent for SSA & PPF account or it is combined?
    We already have PPF account in our daughter name & our combined investment has already exhausted above limit. Please clarify before we go for SSA.
    Thanks in advance.

  36. Last year i have opened SSA account in near by post office and this year i have deposited amount 0f 12000 for which the post office person has declined to provide the receipt saying no such receipt exists for SSA and said updating passbook is enough.
    My concern is that is it ok if no receipt is given by the post office?

    Also i want to know how to trak my SSA online?

  37. dear sir, Please guide me that Is it poasible to withdraw maturity amount by legal Parents if Girl child is Handicapped or abnormal…?

  38. Sir
    I am facing a problem. I and my wife have been working in UAE for the past 4 years. My baby girl was born a year ago in UAE.

    When we heard of the SSA we were interested, so when we went for vacation, we contacted a person we knew working in the post office and with the person’s help we opened an SSA account. At that time we did not know that NRI cannot open SSA. The person who helped us did not inform us. The person asked for passport copy of mine and my daughter and birth certificate as documents along with my photo. I gave the birth certificate from UAE and also the birth certificate we received from the Indian embassy here in UAE.

    One year passed and we came to know about this NRI problem a week back during a casual talk with one of my friend. I asked the person working in post office about this and the person says there is no rule barring NRI and the only condition is that you cannot send money from overseas.

    I am confused now. I have been sending money for the past one year. I have a pass book for the SSA. I dont think the person in the post office knows the ruIes very well.I dont want to break any rules. Please help me what should I do?
    How can I get out of this trouble.

    If I cannot have an SSA I dont care. As I said I dont want to break rules, but atleast I want the money back I invested.
    Please Help me.

    With Regards

    1. This is a real trouble, but how come the account is opened that is question. Rules for NRI’s are not yet 100% clarified yet.
      I think you should personally visit the branch whenever you are in India.

      1. Hi
        thanks for replying. I already checked with the post office and other post offices also in different districts with the help of my relatives and friends. But none of the offices gave a clear reply.

        Some said there is no ban for NRI. Others said if we have grandparents residing in india we can start an account. Others said it doesnt matter where we stay, but the money cannot come from overseas.
        It seems nobody has a clarity on this. I saw a post in which one NRI opened an account through SBI. Do you have any details of that?.
        I am planning to file an RTI on this.

        With Regards

        1. Thanks for your update. But so far I don’t have any update on that.
          I hope you will share your experience to help the readers of this website. 🙂

  39. Why deposit slip is not provided by post office while depositing money in sukanya samridhi account

    1. I didn’t knew that deposit slip is not provided. Do they update the passbook? Did you ask the person in post office about the proof of deposit?

  40. Hello Sir,

    The SSY is said for Indian citizens. But is it allowed for OCI children too?
    Overseas Citizen of India?


  41. Is there any clarification on whether NRI can open SSA? IF not, are we expecting any clarification soon or still will be confusing.

    1. No, NRI can’t open SSA. Its clear now after the new rules of Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme declared.

  42. Hi,

    I have one question. After taking Sukanya scheme for my girl child and in future if I’m not able to pay money. In that case can I transfer this scheme on my wife name so that she can pay the money and can avail this in her 80C ?


    1. I think this is possible, but please get clarified first. Deposit is not a factor, but who is taking tax benefit, I am not sure about that.

  43. Sir, I opned a SSA in a post office. But the service of post office is very bad and I am not satisfied. So
    I want to transfer that to my nearest bank . How can it’s possible ?

    1. Yes, its possible now. But to do that you have to surrender your post office account and then open a new SSY account in bank and then transfer the balance amount. Pls ask your post office to start the process of account transfer.

  44. Hi

    I open an account on my kids name in post office that is online now

    so can i check the transaction online

  45. Hi sir,
    Recently I read the news about sukanya yojana in which they describe that you have to deposit 1600 rs per year upto 16 th year nd after that you will get 6,00,000 rs . So is it true or not and if yes then please give some information me about that….
    Thank you

    1. Not sure about that. Could you please share the link of that news here?

  46. Sir ,
    Please tell me, is it mandatory to stop the contribution after 14 years or I can deposit amount/top up after 14 years also.



    1. No, you can’t deposit further.

  47. I have opened SSA account in my village POST Office for my daughter. In that, I have paid two times for the dues.How to check my balance, status and other details in online with my Account Number of SSA. Is there any specific site available for this. Kindly assist on this.

    1. I don’t think you can check online. Better to update your SSA passbook.

      1. Thanks for your response.I have one more doubt.If I want to transfer that account to my nearest bank(SBI) means paid amount(which amount is paid via post office) also updated in newly creating account?

  48. Sir ,
    I have SBI saving A/c other Branch , I am open SSA in anadher SBI branch for my gril child.

  49. An SSA a/c is opened for my child by her mother in post office i.e. mother is register as a/c handler. But all transaction are going by me.Then….
    1. Can I get tax benefits ?
    2. If No, then can a/c handler changing is possible ? Procedure ?

  50. Hi

    i have requested a sukanya account for my daughter in SBI, they have opened the account and gave me a pass book.
    when i opened it PPF was printed on it and no were sukanya was reflected
    i have contacted SBI branch they were saying its sukanya
    bit confused if its sukanya or PPF

    can some one help me

  51. Hi
    I lost my daughters Sukanya account pass book. How can i get a duplicate one?

  52. I opened Sukanya account in Post office. I want to transfer money to online. Is it possible?

  53. Hi,

    I am Indian citizen leaving in UK. Currently, Me and my daughter are Indian Citizen and will become NRI citizen next year. I want to know what if I open the SSA account for my kid this year. Will I am eligible for SSA account after getting NRI status for me and my Kid.

  54. Hi,

    I have opened ssy account for my daughter and paid 2 installment. Now I moved to usa on job purpose. In future if my daughter become usa citizen , what will happen to her account and the money paid in her account.


  55. Hi,
    I am an Indian citizen living in India but my daughter was born in USA when I was there but she is currently in India with me as I live in India. Can I open SSA account for my daughter as she is no longer living in USA?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sukanya Samriddhi Account © 2016 Frontier Theme