Want to know how to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in SBI online? Or wondering “Can I open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in SBI bank”? Then this article is for you.
State Bank of India is one of the most popular banks in India. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in SBI Bank is functioning well along with few other authorised banks. And most of the banks are promoting this social welfare scheme for girl child.
In this article we will discuss about the procedure to open and the documents needed for Sukanya Samriddhi account in SBI.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in SBI Bank
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in PNB bank has already started functioning long back as one of the first banks to start operating for this scheme. And SBI has also joined the league. You can find out a full page advertisement in SBI official website home page.
SBI has a huge customer base. They were able to build this for the trust & reach. Almost everyone in this country has a bank account in SBI. If not, then they will definitely open their first bank account in SBI only. 🙂
Now, if you open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in SBI, you will get the benefit of online money transfer from your existing SBI savings account. Not only that, SBI has so many branches across India, that you can even transfer Sukanya Samriddhi Aaccount to State Bank of India of any city whenever you are going to change your city.
You must be aware about how to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in post office. Though Post Office has better reach than SBI, but they are actually lagging behind when it is about online transactions. We all know how smooth and good SBI online banking services are. Like PPF account, you can simply create a standing instruction to transfer money regularly & automatically to your SSA account.
How to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in SBI?
1. Visit the nearest SBI branch to collect the Sukanya Samriddhi Account SBI opening form along with a deposit slip, for making the initial deposit.
2. Fill up the form with relevant details.
3. After you fill it up, attach the following required documents for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in SBI Bank along with your form.
- Proof of Date of Birth of the child
- 2 Recent passport size photo of the girl child
- Address proof of the person opening the account
- Identity proof of the person opening he account
4. After that fill the deposit slip with the relevant details.
5. Now deposit all these with Rs 1000/- and submit it at your preferred Sukanya Samriddhi Account SBI branch.
6. You might need to show the deposit slip and account opening form to receive your SSY Passbook. Generally it takes 2-3 days for the account to get activated.
As Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account is providing the maximum interest rate of 8.5% among all small deposit schemes, this is the best time you can start investing for your daughter with SBI. If you are happy with a moderate return in a long term, then there is no alternative compared to SSA.
Also checkout the 2017 New Rules & Amendments for further update on this Govt Yojna.
So, what you are waiting for? Visit your nearest SBI branch and collect the SSA account opening form in SBI. Start investing from right now. I will be visiting the nearest SBI branch to collect the form and share how to fill the form.
For further information related to Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana opening form in SBI, branches, where to open or other information, please visit Sukanya Samriddhi Account in SBI official page.